mardi 9 octobre 2007

Darren Smith Dorothy s Gallery


Collage photograpy Kaleidoscopes, broken mirrors, reflections on the water until Nov. 4, 2007


I have always been intrigued by things that alter my perspective on the world around me. I make my artistic style-making mosaics from photographs-to develop a highly personal way to transform reality.
Mosaîque Each is made by hand using glue and spray with dozens, sometimes hundreds, of my photographs. I take a lot of pictures of the same scene and creates a new composition with the printed: I cut into small pieces and then glue together. The various levels of my compositions to add a sculptural dimension. The shadows created produce a subtle effect of three dimensions.

My work transgresses the "truth" that we think that the photographers documenting. In user pieces of reality to create a new world, I built a bridge over the gulf between what is actually the world and what I want to be. The effect thus made to re-observe the world through a mirror broken with its edges broken, I can reshape reality. Traveling feed my passion and my job and a large part of my creations, composed of over one hundred pieces, representing places around the world.
All my mozaîque is made entirely by hand without digital manipulation of photographs. I only use materials for a long life: the photos are printed on archival paper, glue is specially designed for photographs and the media has no acid.

Dorothy's gallery
24, rue keller
75011 - PARIS
Métro Bastille

Aucun commentaire: